Bavarian Wiener Supper Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine soup and mayonnaise. In another large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, hot dogs, caraway seeds and half of the soup mixture. Spread into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and remaining soup mixture. Spoon over sauerkraut mixture.
- Combine the bread crumbs, butter and paprika; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Bavarian Wiener Supper(1)
Sort By :
This recipe is nice and hearty. We used sausage instead of the hotdogs. I love caraway seeds, but left them out to please everyone. Even the picky eater in the family loved it.