Bavarian Strawberry Pie Recipe
"A coconut crust and pretty fluffy filling make this dessert special," notes field editor Kathryn Anderson of Wallkill, New York. "When he strawberries ripen here in our Hudson Valley, Many churches feature them at festivals."
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine coconut and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 300° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned (cover edges loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine strawberries and sugar; let stand for 15 minutes. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved; stir in lemon juice. Stir into strawberry mixture. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC