Bavarian Sausage Supper
"My mom, who's a great cook, shared the recipe for this easy skillet meal," comments Pat Frankovich of North Olmstead, Ohio. "Spicy kielbasa makes a flavored noodle and sauce mix truly delicious."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and sour cream and chive sauce mix
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- In a large skillet, saute coleslaw mix and carrots in butter until
- crisp-tender. Add water; bring to a boil. Stir in remaining
- ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook, for 8
- minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 374 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,118 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now