Bavarian Sausage Supper Recipe
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or Polish sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and sour cream and chive sauce mix
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute coleslaw mix and carrots in butter until crisp-tender. Add water; bring to a boil. Stir in remaining ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook, for 8 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 374 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,118 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer