- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and sour cream and chive sauce mix
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- In a large skillet, saute coleslaw mix and carrots in butter until crisp-tender. Add water; bring to a boil. Stir in remaining ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook, for 8 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Bavarian Sausage Supper
Sort By :
"Can't get much easier! My family loves sausage and this dish is easy and fast and always a winner. Can't go wrong serving this one up often!"
"This has become a great go to recipe for me as well. I couldn't find the sour cream noodles so I use the herb and butter as suggested, but then added a tablespoon of sour cream just before serving and adding a bit more caraway and pepper gave more flavor. I have also used herb and butter rice as a substitute in a pinch. Great recipe!"
"This recipe is a classic one in my house. Anytime I need a yummy, quick dinner, this is one I make! It's SO good.... creamy... yet you get the flavor from the sausage. Yum! Can't find the Sour Cream & Onion noodles anymore, so I buy the Butter & Herb normally."