"My mom, who's a great cook, shared the recipe for this easy skillet meal," comments Pat Frankovich of North Olmstead, Ohio. "Spicy kielbasa makes a flavored noodle and sauce mix truly delicious."
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and sour cream and chive sauce mix
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- In a large skillet, saute coleslaw mix and carrots in butter until crisp-tender. Add water; bring to a boil. Stir in remaining ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook, for 8 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Bavarian Sausage Supper in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p15
Reviews for Bavarian Sausage Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review