Bavarian Pot Roast for 6 Recipe
- 1 beef top round roast (2 pounds)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown roast on all sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the juice, tomato sauce, onion, vinegar, ginger, salt and cinnamon; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices until well combined.
- 4. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until the meat is tender and gravy begins to thicken. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 228 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 0 fruit.
Reviews for Bavarian Pot Roast for 6
"<p>The flavor of this recipe was pleasantly different and quite delicious! DH and I really enjoyed it, even with a few changes! (He said it was the best pot roast he has ever had in his life!) I used sirloin tip beef (the recipe called for something way too expensive in the area I live in) and I did not have tomato sauce and used canned diced tomato. It for sure would have been thicker with the tomato sauce but diced was still very good for what we had. I served it over rice and there was just over 1 serving of leftovers left. With a side dish, this probably serves closer to 3 adults. It will definitely become a winter staple at our house. Thanks for the recipe!</p>"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.