"I grew up eating pot roast but disliked it until I got this recipe and changed a few ingredients," says Patricia Gasmund from Rockford, Illinois. "My 7-year old especially loves the seasoned apple gravy."
- 1 beef top round roast (2 pounds)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown roast on all sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the juice, tomato sauce, onion, vinegar, ginger, salt and cinnamon; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices until well combined.
- Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until the meat is tender and gravy begins to thicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bavarian Pot Roast in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p7
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bavarian Pot Roast for 6
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review