Bavarian Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 beef top round roast (4 pounds) , halved
- 1-1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, brown roast on all sides over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the juice, tomato sauce, onion, vinegar, salt, cinnamon and ginger; pour over roast. Cover and cook on high for 5-7 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices until well combined. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until the meat is tender and gravy begins to thicken. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bavarian Pot Roast(9)
Sort By :
Very easy, and since i used a crock pot liner it was easy to clean up after. As for the taste, i thought it was just ok, but my husband said it was really, really, really good!
My sisiter's Birthday Dinner- Yummo!
luv this delicious dinner,
Very different taste than what we're used to; my husband and I loved it!
This is by far the best roast I have ever made. It disappeared quick. It was moist and tender...it melted in your mouth. And the sauce had a really great flavor. We even used the sauce on the potatoes and veggies that I roasted!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >