Bavarian Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) Bavarian sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1-3/4 cups chopped carrots
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the sauerkraut, carrots, onion, apple juice and parsley; spoon over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- 2. Add apples to slow cooker. Cover and cook 2-3 hours longer or until meat is tender. Remove roast; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with sauerkraut mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup sauerkraut mixture equals 235 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Bavarian Pork Loin
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer