I FOUND this recipe in a farm newspaper, thought it sounded it good and it was. I have used it for years. I often fix it instead of potatoes. If the skin on the apples is a little tough, I peel the apples. Otherwise in they go, along with the apples.
--Frances Rosselet, Defiance, Ohio
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute apple and caraway in butter until apple is
- crisp-tender. Stir in the honey and mustard.
- Drain noodles; stir into apple mixture. Cook until heated through.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 144 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.