I FOUND this recipe in a farm newspaper, thought it sounded it good and it was. I have used it for years. I often fix it instead of potatoes. If the skin on the apples is a little tough, I peel the apples. Otherwise in they go, along with the apples. --Frances Rosselet, Defiance, Ohio
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute apple and caraway in butter until apple is crisp-tender. Stir in the honey and mustard.
- Drain noodles; stir into apple mixture. Cook until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Bavarian Noodles in Reminisce August/September 2007, p48
Reviews for Bavarian Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2009
"A little bland but a good base for stew. I will add more butter and more mustard next time."