- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 11-in. x 7-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Stir in milk and extracts until well blended. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
- Using the foil, lift fudge out of the pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Bavarian Mint Fudge
"Super easy! Excellent. It's dangerous to be able to make fudge this yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe."
"This is very good fudge I've made it and family liked it."
"I have made this fudge for many, many years and everyone wants the recipe. So creamy and wonderful, not to mention easy!"
"I have made this fudge 2 years in a row now and my kids, family and friends ask me to make it every Christmas."
"This is a fabulous recipe! I've done this with good chunk chocolate (instead of chips) and the results are also great. If, at mixing time, the chocolate seems to want to seize up, just use some muscle in the stirring, and it comes out smooth and silky. Beautiful texture when it melts in your mouth."