"I use my slow cooker so much—unless my husband decides to grill for me—and these mouthwatering meatballs are just one reason why," explains Peggy Rios of Mechanicsville, Virginia. "They’re a guaranteed crowd-pleaser when I serve them as party appetizers…or a yummy, filling sandwich spooned over crusty rolls and topped with cheese."Peggy Rios, Mechanicsville, Virginia
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 12 hoagie buns, split
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the meatballs, onion, brown sugar,
- soup mix and beer. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until
- heated through.
- Place six meatballs on each bun bottom. Sprinkle each sandwich with
- 1/4 cup cheese. Place on baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat
- for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace bun tops. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 643 calories, 36 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,302 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.