Bavarian Cream Bonnet Recipe
This dessert is an eye catcher. I decorated the top of this lovely dessert with fruit arranged in a flower design.—Lois Jacobsen, Dallas, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 green fruit roll-up
- Blueberries, strawberry halves, peach slices and kiwifruit wedges
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, gelatin and salt. Whisk in milk and egg yolks. Let stand for 1 minute. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 12 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl; press plastic wrap onto surface. Refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until thickened, but not set.
- 3. Fold in whipped cream. Transfer to a 9-in. round pan lined with plastic wrap and coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- 4. Invert onto a serving platter; remove plastic wrap. Cut fruit roll-up into strips with a width equal to the height of the Bavarian cream. Wrap fruit roll strips around bonnet and tie into a bowl. Garish with fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Bavarian Cream Bonnet
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2016
"I recently bought several Mason Cash stoneware tart pans and this will be perfect. I love Bavarian Cream and it can be made sugar free very easily. : )"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC