- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 green fruit roll-up
- Blueberries, strawberry halves, peach slices and kiwifruit wedges
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, gelatin and salt. Whisk in milk and egg yolks. Let stand for 1 minute. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 12 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl; press plastic wrap onto surface. Refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until thickened, but not set.
- Fold in whipped cream. Transfer to a 9-in. round pan lined with plastic wrap and coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Invert onto a serving platter; remove plastic wrap. Cut fruit roll-up into strips with a width equal to the height of the Bavarian cream. Wrap fruit roll strips around bonnet and tie into a bowl. Garish with fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bavarian Cream Bonnet in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p23
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bavarian Cream Bonnet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2016
"I recently bought several Mason Cash stoneware tart pans and this will be perfect. I love Bavarian Cream and it can be made sugar free very easily. : )"