Bavarian Chocolate-Hazelnut Braid Recipe
Mmm! This delectable loaf gives you a little taste of Bavaria, thanks to the chocolaty, creamy filling and flaky crust.
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, coconut, egg yolk and extract.
- 2. Unroll crescent dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Roll out into a 14-in. x 9-in. rectangle.
- 3. Spread Nutella in a 3-in.-wide strip down center of rectangle. Top with yogurt mixture. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips to within 1/2 in. of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling.
- 4. Whisk egg white; brush over top and sides of dough. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into slices. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 160 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC