Bavarian Cheese Ball
No one will guess this cheese spread features a whole can of sauerkraut! Shredded cheese and chopped dried beef provide a little texture.
28 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped dried beef
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 14 saltines, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- Additional parsley
- Assorted crackers
- Place sauerkraut in a food processor; cover and process until creamy.
- Add the cheese, dried beef, sour cream , mayonnaise, saltines,
- parsley and onion; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Shape
- into a ball; roll in additional parsley. Cover and refrigerate until
- serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without assorted crackers) equals 73 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.