- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped dried beef
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 14 saltines, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- Additional parsley
- Assorted crackers
- Place sauerkraut in a food processor; cover and process until creamy. Add the cheese, dried beef, sour cream , mayonnaise, saltines, parsley and onion; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in additional parsley. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Bavarian Cheese Ball
Sort By :
I was looking for something different so I gave this recipe a try. Given sauerkraut as an ingredient, I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but was pleasantly surprised! It was a definite hit! It is delicious! I will say that it makes more than your average size cheese ball and had enough for two. This is a great recipe for any party!
This is so amazingly good. I have made it several times and it has become a favorite at holiday family gatherings. I have taken it to church potlucks and end up giving this recipe out several times every time I do that I now will take a few copies with me. Imagine the surprised looks I get when they see there is sauerkraut as one of the ingredients.
I have made this cheese ball several times, and have shared this recipe with several people. They cannot believe there is saurkraut in it. On a side note, do not use dried parsely. It doesn't turn out good.