No one will guess this cheese spread features a whole can of sauerkraut! Shredded cheese and chopped dried beef provide a little texture.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped dried beef
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 14 saltines, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- Additional parsley
- Assorted crackers
- Place sauerkraut in a food processor; cover and process until creamy. Add the cheese, dried beef, sour cream , mayonnaise, saltines, parsley and onion; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in additional parsley. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Bavarian Cheese Ball in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p40
Reviews for Bavarian Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review