- crumbly. Stir in 1 egg yolk and vinegar. Gradually add water,
- tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half
- so that one portion is slightly larger than the other. Cover and
- refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, brown beef in oil. Remove with a
- slotted spoon; set aside. In the same skillet, saute the potato,
- onion and apple in butter for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended.
- Add the bouillon, seasonings, beef and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to fit
- a 7-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even
- with edge. Fill with beef mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit
- top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut
- slits in pastry.
- Beat remaining egg yolk and water; brush over pastry. Bake at
- 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 655 calories, 36 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 677 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.