Bavarian Beef Dinner Recipe
I've had this recipe for quite a number of years. I won second place with it in a cooking contest sponsored by our local newspaper.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 pounds boneless chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon each dill seed, caraway seeds, paprika and salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked rice
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, warmed
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil. Add the beef broth, onions, garlic and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until beef is tender; reduce heat.
- 2. Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir into the beef mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add sour cream and heat through (do not boil). Serve over rice with sauerkraut on the side. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 324 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 840 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC