Bavarian Apple Torte Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine the first four ingredients. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Pour over the crust. Combine topping ingredients; spoon over filling. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until the center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Cut into wedges with a serrated knife. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Bavarian Apple Torte
Sort By :
I prepared this recipe for the first time on 5/1/14! This definitely is a keeper for me to use time and again! For filling: I did use 1/2 cup sugar & I used 1 tsp. vanilla extract instead of the original amount of 1/4 cup sugar and 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract! I used a mixture of 1/2 cup cinnamon-sugar with the 3 cup peeled thinly sliced apples (Granny Smith). I did grease and flour a 9" springform pan. I placed foil under the prepared pan and placed pan on a baking sheet. I baked 55minutes at 350o F. I ran knife around the cake to loosen from the pan and cooled at least 1 hr. I plan to share this dessert tomorrow with the Volunteer Office at the hospital where I work! Thank you for this recipe! delowenstein
We loved this dessert! I was happy to find a "different" apple recipe to make for my family
This was fabulous! It was essentially like a cheese cake with apple topping, so it was a hit!
This is an awesome dessert. My husband and I both love it and I've gotten rave reviews when I've shared the finished product with others.
A Thanksgiving tradition for our family!