Bavarian Apple Torte Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine the first four ingredients. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Pour over the crust. Combine topping ingredients; spoon over filling. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until the center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Cut into wedges with a serrated knife. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Bavarian Apple Torte(12)
Sort By :
We loved this dessert! I was happy to find a "different" apple recipe to make for my family
This was fabulous! It was essentially like a cheese cake with apple topping, so it was a hit!
This is an awesome dessert. My husband and I both love it and I've gotten rave reviews when I've shared the finished product with others.
A Thanksgiving tradition for our family!
Made this today for Thanksgiving Dinner. I followed the recipe to the letter. When I make it next time I will let it cook long then the time given. I felt the filling was not fully cooked and the same with the apples. I used cortland apples and they were still crunshy. But in general everyone liked it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Cake >
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >