Can you believe the perky ears on our bat cupcakes is really chewing gum? You will get the best results when cutting the fudge-stripe cookies if you use a gentle sawing motion.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Blue paste food coloring
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Gum balls
- Sticks Winterfresh gum
- Fudge-striped cookies
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Pastry tipround tip # 3
- Candy corn
- Tint vanilla frosting bright blue; frost cupcakes.
- Add gum ball eyes. Using a clean scissors or small sharp knife, cut sticks of gum into eyebrow shapes. Pinch tops to curve if desired; insert above eyes.
- For bat wings, with a small serrated knife, cut cookies in half. Add scalloped edges if desired. Insert two cookie halves into each cupcake.
- Using chocolate frosting and #3 tip, pipe pupils on eyes. For fangs, cut the white part from the candy corn. (Save removed orange sections for another use.) Add two white fangs under each mouth; press down gently. Yield: varies.
Originally published as Batty Bats in Halloween Food & Fun 2009 2009, p27
Reviews for Batty Bats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review