Batty Bark Recipe
These very cute chocolately treats are especially wonderful because they hold their shape. Be sure to chop the cherries into small pieces for a smoother look. For easy cutting, dip cutter into hot water between cuts.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:18 servings
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1. In a microwave, melt milk chocolate and semisweet chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in the cereal, sunflower kernels and cherries. On a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, spread chocolate mixture into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Refrigerate until firm.
- 2. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Cut with a 3-1/2-in. bat-shaped cookie cutter. Remelt scraps and cut if desired. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 0 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC