Batter-Up Walleye Recipe
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Oil for frying
- 1 pound walleye fillets, skin removed
- Lemon wedges
- 1. In a shallow bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Place milk in a separate shallow bowl. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°.
- 2. In batches, dip fish in milk, then coat with baking mix mixture; fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without lemon): 316 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1096mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Batter-Up Walleye
"I have made this twice now. It turned out great both times."
"This is an amazing fried fish recipe. I used a deep fryer and the cooking time was half the time as listed in the recipe."
"Thought I would try this with some frozen Tilapia fillets I had in the freezer. It was outstanding!"
"It was delicious."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.