Nothing is more rewarding than celebrating the day’s catch with friends when you share this fresh appetizer. Substitute your favorite fish! —Alesha Oster, Williston, North Dakota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Oil for frying
- 1 pound walleye fillets, skin removed
- Lemon wedges
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Place milk in a
- separate shallow bowl. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil
- to 375°.
- In batches, dip fish in milk, then coat with baking mix mixture; fry
- for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Serve immediately with lemon wedges. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 316 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,096 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.