Nothing is more rewarding than celebrating the day's catch with friends when you share this fresh dish. Substitute your favorite fish! —Alesha Oster, Williston, North Dakota
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Oil for frying
- 1 pound walleye fillets, skin removed
- Lemon wedges
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Place milk in a separate shallow bowl. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°.
- In batches, dip fish in milk, then coat with baking mix mixture; fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Batter-Up Walleye in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Batter-Up Walleye
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review