- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Oil for frying
- 1 pound walleye fillets, skin removed
- Lemon wedges
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Place milk in a separate shallow bowl. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°.
- In batches, dip fish in milk, then coat with baking mix mixture; fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Batter-Up Walleye
Sort By :
I have made this twice now. It turned out great both times.
This is an amazing fried fish recipe. I used a deep fryer and the cooking time was half the time as listed in the recipe.
Thought I would try this with some frozen Tilapia fillets I had in the freezer. It was outstanding!
It was delicious.