- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- In a saucepan, saute garlic in oil until tender. In a blender or food processor, process garlic and tomatoes in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add cream and heat through.
- Follow directions to cut bat wings from bread.(To make bat wings, remove crusts from bread. Flatten with a rolling pin. Using a kitchen shears, cut each slice in half diagonally, cutting wavy lines to resemble bat wings.)
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with butter; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Add two wings to each bowl of soup. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bat Wing Soup in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p39
Reviews for Bat Wing Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review