Bat Cupcakes Recipe
Even my adult children love these Halloween cupcakes! We serve them every year at our pumpkin-carving party. You can also make them with the fudge stripes on their wings facing up for variety. —Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 fudge-striped cookies
- 24 milk chocolate kisses
- White decorating icing
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool completely.
- 2. Spread frosting over cupcakes. For bat wings, cut cookies in half; insert two cookie halves into each cupcake.
- 3. Gently press chocolate kisses into frosting for heads. Add eyes with decorating icing. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 284 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC