Even my adult children love these Halloween cupcakes! We serve them every year at our pumpkin-carving party. You can also make them with the fudge stripes on their wings facing up for variety. —Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 fudge-striped cookies
- 24 milk chocolate kisses
- White decorating icing
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for
- cupcakes. Cool completely.
- Spread frosting over cupcakes. For bat wings, cut cookies in half;
- insert two cookie halves into each cupcake.
- Gently press chocolate kisses into frosting for heads. Add eyes with
- decorating icing. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 284 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.