Basketball Cake Recipe
Dimpled orange frosting and licorice laces make this basketball cake look deliciously realistic. It's as much fun to make as it is to eat. —Lonna Liccini, Clifton, Virginia
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups canned vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- 4 pieces black shoestring licorice
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased and floured 2-1/2-qt. ovenproof bowl.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from bowl to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine frosting and food coloring. Place cake on a serving plate. Spread with frosting. Gently press a meat mallet into frosting so texture resembles a basketball. For seams, gently press licorice into frosting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC