Basil Walnut Fish Fillets
Spreading fish fillets with a seasoned mayonnaise and sour cream mixture keeps the fish moist while baking. For the most flavor, use fresh basil, which is abundant in gardens and grocery stores in summer.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds cod or haddock, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Place fish in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and basil; spoon
- over fish. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 272 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.