Spreading fish fillets with a seasoned mayonnaise and sour cream mixture keeps the fish moist while baking. For the most flavor, use fresh basil, which is abundant in gardens and grocery stores in summer.
- 1-1/2 pounds cod or haddock, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Place fish in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and basil; spoon over fish. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil Walnut Fish Fillets in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p7
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Basil Walnut Fish Fillets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review