Spreading fish fillets with a seasoned mayonnaise and sour cream mixture keeps the fish moist while baking. For the most flavor, use fresh basil, which is abundant in gardens and grocery stores in summer.
- 1-1/2 pounds cod or haddock, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Place fish in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and basil; spoon over fish. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil Walnut Fish Fillets in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p7
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Basil Walnut Fish Fillets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2015
"Excellent! Flavorful and delicious and it was super easy. My spouse loved it."
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2010
"Unbelievably delicious, and so easy!"