Basil Walnut Fettuccine Recipe
A warm, buttery side dish from our Test Kitchen, Basil Walnut Fettucine is studded with toasted nuts and lightly flavored with garlic and fresh basil. It goes well with a variety of entrees. (You could use any other nutritious, colored fettucine or pasta blend you have on hand.)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Add the walnuts, basil, salt, pepper and remaining butter; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Drain fettuccine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 328 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Basil Walnut Fettuccine
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2009
"Quick and easy. This has become a family favorite."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC