Basil Walnut Fettuccine
A warm, buttery side dish from our Test Kitchen, Basil Walnut Fettucine is studded with toasted nuts and lightly flavored with garlic and fresh basil. It goes well with a variety of entrees. (You could use any other nutritious, colored fettucine or pasta blend you have on hand.)
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet,
- saute garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute or until
- crisp-tender. Add the walnuts, basil, salt, pepper and remaining
- butter; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Drain
- fettuccine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 328 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.