Basil Turkey Soup Recipe
After a busy day of Christmas shopping, it's easy to put together this soup with leftover turkey and frozen vegetables. It tastes like it simmered all day!
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the pasta and vegetables are tender. Stir in the turkey and parsley; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 216 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC