Basil Tuna Steaks Recipe
- 6 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Drizzle both sides of tuna steaks with oil. Sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Yield: 6 servings.
1 tuna steak: 214 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Basil Tuna Steaks
"I cooked it for lunch. It was delicious!!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.