Basil Tuna Steaks
One of my favorite creations is this five-ingredient recipe in the menu below. Tuna is delicious and can be grilled in no time.—Linda McLyman, Syracuse, New York
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Drizzle both sides of tuna steaks with oil. Sprinkle with the basil,
- salt and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side for
- medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tuna steak equals 214 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.