One of my favorite creations is this five-ingredient recipe in the menu below. Tuna is delicious and can be grilled in no time.—Linda McLyman, Syracuse, New York
- 6 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Drizzle both sides of tuna steaks with oil. Sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Basil Tuna Steaks in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p20
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Basil Tuna Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2012
"I cooked it for lunch. It was delicious!!!"