One of my favorite creations is this five-ingredient recipe in the menu below. Tuna is delicious and can be grilled in no time.—Linda McLyman, Syracuse, New York
- 6 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Drizzle both sides of tuna steaks with oil. Sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Basil Tuna Steaks in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p20
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Basil Tuna Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2012
"I cooked it for lunch. It was delicious!!!"