This soup is delicious, colorful and quick. I keep the ingredients on hand for a fast meal with a loaf of crusty bread. It's also good warmed up the next day—if there's any left! —Jayne Dwyer-Reff of Fort Wayne, Indiana
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the beans, tomato and basil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Basil Tortellini Soup in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p27
Reviews for Basil Tortellini Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review