Basil Tortellini Soup
This soup is delicious, colorful and quick. I keep the ingredients on hand for a fast meal with a loaf of crusty bread. It's also good warmed up the next day—if there's any left! —Jayne Dwyer-Reff of Fort Wayne, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; cook for
- 7-9 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the beans, tomato and basil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve with cheese.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 238 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 1,170 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.