- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; cook until tender, 7-9 minutes. Stir in beans, tomato and basil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Basil Tortellini Soup
"We enjoyed this delicious soup and it was easy to make. I added some chopped chicken to the soup and it made it even better:)"
"Good and quick..my favorite kind of dish! To make it even easier, use canned diced tomatoes . Also, if you are not a fan of basil (I'm not) you can substitute cabbage."
"Yummy! Light but filling."
"I love that it tastes great and is so quick to make! I added a few red peppers cut up and a cup more water."
"I did not care for this soup, too bland for me ... not going to keep this one on file."
"Yumm tastes very light. Will make this again!"
"Excellent flavor, fast to make, easy. What's not to love?"
"I have made this many, many times - it's my absolute favorite! I use a can of petite diced tomatoes instead of fresh, and double up on both the basil and the balsmaic vinegar - yum! I was visiting my family in Georgia and made this for them - instant hit! My sister made it and added italian sausage - she said it was delicious that way too. You just can't beat the fresh basil flavor, and it's so easy!"
"Also, I use tri-color frozen tortellini to add color."
"For more tomato flavor, I use 1 can low sodium diced tomatoes instead of the fresh tomato."