- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the beans, tomato and basil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Basil Tortellini Soup
"Good and quick..my favorite kind of dish! To make it even easier, use canned diced tomatoes . Also, if you are not a fan of basil (I'm not) you can substitute cabbage."
"Yummy! Light but filling."
"I love that it tastes great and is so quick to make! I added a few red peppers cut up and a cup more water."
"I did not care for this soup, too bland for me ... not going to keep this one on file."
"Yumm tastes very light. Will make this again!"