Basil-Tomato Tuna Steaks
Be prepared to reel in raves when you place this fabulous fish dish on the table, advises Jan Parker of Englewood, Florida. "It's moist and flavorful, topped off with basil, tomato and cheese. My husband requests it on a regular basis all year long."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Broil: 5 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tuna or salmon steaks (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the tuna
- steaks; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Transfer to a broiler pan. Sprinkle fish with salt and
- pepper. Cover with basil leaves. Top with tomato and cheese. Broil
- 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 171 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.