Basil-Tomato Tuna Steaks Recipe
Be prepared to reel in raves when you place this fabulous fish dish on the table, advises Jan Parker of Englewood, Florida. "It's moist and flavorful, topped off with basil, tomato and cheese. My husband requests it on a regular basis all year long."
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tuna or salmon steaks (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the tuna steaks; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer to a broiler pan. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Cover with basil leaves. Top with tomato and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil-Tomato Tuna Steaks in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Basil-Tomato Tuna Steaks(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >