- 1/2 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 4-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium firm tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery and garlic in oil for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add corn; saute for 2 minutes. Add the broth, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in pasta and tomatoes until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Basil Tomato Soup in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p12
Reviews for Basil Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review