- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and carrot in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are softened. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; add basil. Cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan; stir in broth and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Basil Tomato Soup in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p35
Reviews for Basil Tomato Soup for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2016
"I made this today. So quick and easy and taste great.I did not remove the seeds from the tomatoes and it was still good."