Basil Tomato Salad Recipe
This summer side with its fresh tasting tomatoes and basil make it irresistible. Your family will gobble it up.—USA Rice Council, Houston, Texas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper. Add rice, tomatoes, cucumber and onion; toss. Serve chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 166 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC