- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add tomato,
- tomato sauce, garlic, salt, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir until thickened. Cool to 110°-115°.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 12
- pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 3 in. apart on a greased
- baking sheet. Make an indention in center of each ball; add 1
- tablespoon of filling. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and let
- rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 176 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.