Basil Tomato Rice Recipe
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, basil and salt; heat through. Stir into rice. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 154 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch
Reviews for Basil Tomato Rice
"I omitted the gr pepper. My family absolutely loved this dish."
"Our family enjoyed this rice. Its' easy to make, the basil and tomatoes gave rice a different twist. I would definitely make it again."