- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, basil and salt; heat through. Stir into rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Basil Tomato Rice in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p55
Reviews for Basil Tomato Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2012
"I omitted the gr pepper. My family absolutely loved this dish."
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2010
"Our family enjoyed this rice. Its' easy to make, the basil and tomatoes gave rice a different twist. I would definitely make it again."