- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, basil and salt; heat through. Stir into rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Basil Tomato Rice in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p55
Reviews for Basil Tomato Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2012
I omitted the gr pepper. My family absolutely loved this dish.
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2010
Our family enjoyed this rice. Its' easy to make, the basil and tomatoes gave rice a different twist. I would definitely make it again.