Basil Sugar Snap Peas
Complement the sauce-topped steaks with this vibrant side dish that cooks in the microwave in mere minutes. Fresh sugar snap peas get extra color from a jar of pimientos, which eliminates the need to chop sweet red pepper.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the peas and water. Cover and
- cook on high for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in
- the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 77 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.