Basil Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
Complement the sauce-topped steaks with this vibrant side dish that cooks in the microwave in mere minutes. Fresh sugar snap peas get extra color from a jar of pimientos, which eliminates the need to chop sweet red pepper.
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the peas and water. Cover and cook on high for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil Sugar Snap Peas in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p12
Reviews for Basil Sugar Snap Peas(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2013
I thought this recipe was just okay. I actually loved this method of cooking the sugar snap peas; they came out perfect. I just didn't care for the flavor of this dish; too much basil I think.
More Recipe Collections
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >