My husband loves shrimp and agrees nothing beats this incredibly easy, enjoyable dish. You can double the recipe when entertaining.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt and white pepper
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, oil, butter, mustard, lemon
- juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour 3 tablespoons into a small
- resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; let
- stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Set remaining marinade
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked
- wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on
- each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting occasionally with
- reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.