Basil Shrimp Recipe
My husband loves shrimp and agrees nothing beats this incredibly easy, enjoyable dish. You can double the recipe when entertaining.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt and white pepper
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the basil, oil, butter, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour 3 tablespoons into a small resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Set remaining marinade aside.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Basil Shrimp
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2011
"this is wonderful!! Quick, easy & delicious!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC